Video has never been more popular as a communication tool. 79 percent of all Internet traffic in 2018 will be video, which points to changes in the way people consume information. More and more people are sharing videos of everything from the latest news stories to funny cats. Still trying to decide if you’ll use video or not? Here are a few reasons why you should choose video to deliver your marketing messages:
- They’re SEO-friendly: Whether you’re searching on Google or Facebook, videos rank higher in search results, which means your next marketing video is more likely to be discovered by your target audience. In fact, you have a 53x higher chance of ranking on Google with a video. Businesses who add videos to their website increase their chances of a front-page Google result by 50 times. Videos also help with SEO— they reduce bounce rates and increase click-through rates by holding web traffic for longer periods of time.
- They’re shareable: 92% of mobile video viewers share the videos they watch with others. Think about all of the content that shows up on your social feed: the vast majority is probably fail videos and other video content, whether fun or serious. Videos tend to receive more organic exposure on social media.
- They’re engaging: Well-executed videos have effective graphics and audio to keep viewers focused. Unlike other mediums, video combines auditory and visual stimulation. Our brain naturally focuses on movement and noise. We gravitate toward visual content, and we remember 95% of the message when we watch it instead of reading it.
- They’re consumable: The stats for video consumption on social platforms are staggering. More than 5 billion videos are watched each day on YouTube. Half a billion people watch videos on Facebook every day. 82% of Twitter users watch video content on their feeds, and Snapchat generates 10 billion video views every day within the app. Videos can help you communicate the big picture of an upcoming marketing campaign or your overall brand message. When you add captivating music and eye-catching graphics, your audience will not only watch your video, but remember the message as well.
- They’re effective: Marketers have found that customer testimonials, tutorial videos, and demonstration videos are the most effective type of video marketing, since 80% of users recall a video ad they’ve watched in the past month that could help them solve a specific problem. Depending on the type of video and the amount of content, you can get your point across in anywhere from 30 to 120 seconds. Your audience will remember the campaign message and
- They convert: When a user has a positive experience with a video ad, they are 97% more likely to make a purchase. Out of all of the platforms and media available for businesses to communicate, 70 percent of B2B marketers say video drives the most conversions of qualified leads when compared to any other type of content.
Video is the best way to engage your customers and increase sales. At the end of the day, whether you choose to use video to communicate company values or to spread the message of your next marketing campaign, video will help you achieve your goals.